Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Live and Learn: Go Big or FAIL

So after a long time.... aka MONTHS... I have finished the hand-tied spring chairs that I claimed as my first ever reupholstering project.

And guess what?

I HATE them. Great right? I finished them last night, and in my opinion they are completely terrible and awful.

But let's do an appropriate before and after.

IMG_0755

DSC00174

And now... well, I hate them. Like I said. Why? Because the frame is bold, but the fabric is safe. The fabric does nothing for the piece. Nor does the fabric make the buttons pop at all. So now I am faced with a dilemma: either update the fabric and make it more graphic and bold or make the frame softer.

Boogers.

I am more than annoyed.

Moral of the story? Don't be afraid to go big... or seriously, GO HOME. So either go safe and soft throughout your piece, or go big and bold.

Any-who, look forward to another "before and after" within the next few days...

No comments:

Post a Comment