Friday, June 25, 2010

Beaten and Worn Down

Well hello everyone out there in blog world... aka like 2 of you who might actually read *my*blog, (thank heavens this is more therapeutic than necessary!) This is how the chair has been doing...


Yikes! He's all scratched up! ;) And so is the process of redoing a chair... to paint or refinish you have to sand up your surface. And well, can you tell I'm leaning towards keeping the wood natural? I'm actually going to try and lighten up the stain on the wood. So here enters sand paper stage right. And dry, man hands...

And a tired me!

After I spent a night of me sanding down the frame and thinking that indeed I am completely crazy for wanting to go all professional on my own first chair project... (side note, I must name them, any ideas?) I finally ask my husband, "Where is that hand sander you have?"

"In its box somewhere."

Oysh...

But surprisingly, and super thankfully, it was at the very top of our amazingly packed closets! (We live in an apartment with virtually NO storage space...) So I pull it out, and get to work.


YAY palm sander!

And I'm getting excited... because all of a sudden, this project now seems doable. And the sanding is doing a WONDERFUL job taking off the finish of the chair (at least on the flat surfaces, lol...) And then, my conscience gets the better of me...

When I look at the clock...


Hmmmm... It is before 8am... and my husband is asleep in the other room...

OK, I'll just have to hold my excitement until after 8am... does 8:01 work? :oP

No comments:

Post a Comment